Welcome to my blog

This is the story of my journey growing up in a family with all brothers who saw every raised platform as a stage. These guys kept me sane in the most difficult times in life. We had a bond that forms when children band together to make the best of a difficult situations. I loved them and they loved me. Together we pushed through the hardship and made it into adulthood, some more broken than others, but made it just the same with the help of God.

Sunday, June 5, 2011

It's been a year? My, how time flies when you're having fun

Well,I guess everyone thinks I've stop blogging because it has been so long since I've posted anything,The fact is I just ran out of things to say. Last June I visited the "home" and this June I'm busy working in my garden. So far the money I've spent getting the whole thing planted far exceeds the produce I've gotten out of it. However, the enjoyment can't be measured. No amount of money could buy the pleasure I get working in the dirt.I'm going to post some pictures as soon as I get around to it.
There has been one really interesting thing that happened here in my house this June. We had a rat under the tub. Now when I say "under the tub" I am not talking about under the house under the tub, but in the house under the tub. That dang rat came up into the space under the Jacuzzi. There was a small crawl space with a little bitty door between me and that rat! Well, I can tell you I had a hard time sleeping knowing that rodent was spending the night with me. So, we closed up the hole under the house and since we didn't see hide nor hair of the critter we assumed he wasn't under the tub that day, and we put out poison.Not smart, not smart at all!
The first night that rat clawed and scratched, clawed and scratched ALL NIGHT! I'm not kidding!Even with my ear plugs in I could still hear him. He was frantic! I was exhausted just listening to him.I knew he had eaten some of the poison. I guess between the poison and being sealed up in that small crawl space under the tub he went crazy! I began to feel sorry for him.Poor little thing.I was feeling kind of guilty. I stared thinking about Stuart Little. The next night around ten o'clock I heard something that sounded like a thud. I thought "He's at it again. He's rested all day and now he's going to go wild all night"...but he didn't. I never heard another sound. I have been smelling something strange lately.HM MM I wonder what it is?

No comments: