Welcome to my blog

This is the story of my journey growing up in a family with all brothers who saw every raised platform as a stage. These guys kept me sane in the most difficult times in life. We had a bond that forms when children band together to make the best of a difficult situations. I loved them and they loved me. Together we pushed through the hardship and made it into adulthood, some more broken than others, but made it just the same with the help of God.

Monday, February 15, 2010

A bad idea

When I was in the 2nd grade two of my brothers,Jerry and Bobby I think, thought,"wouldn't it be great if we could fly! They believed that if they prayed to Jesus that they could fly ...well ,then, they could fly. After all didn't the bible say ask anything in my name and my Father will give it to you. So they began to practice flying. Run,jump up on the bed, bounce real hard and out the 2nd floor window they would fly. Simple. If I am remembering correctly they prayed, practiced, prayed, and set the flight date for Christmas day. Now I was only 7 yrs old but even I knew this was crazy! I believed Jesus would answer my prayers for something important and flying didn't fit into that catagory. I was really getting worried they would actually try it. In fact I KNEW they would try it. As the designated date got closer they became more excited. They talked about how wonderful it would be when they could fly. It didn't dawn on them that no other human being in the entire world had ever flown before.I am not sure exactly what happened but their plans were scratched due to the fact that Grandmother or someone found out and said, "ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND!?" So they punched the eyes out of my new dolls Aunt Carolyn gave me for Christmas and pulled the arms off to boot.

No comments: