Welcome to my blog

This is the story of my journey growing up in a family with all brothers who saw every raised platform as a stage. These guys kept me sane in the most difficult times in life. We had a bond that forms when children band together to make the best of a difficult situations. I loved them and they loved me. Together we pushed through the hardship and made it into adulthood, some more broken than others, but made it just the same with the help of God.

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Please give me input

I started writing this blog so that my family can learn more about my life and family. I really appreciate and desire your input. Please feel free to pass this blog on to your friends if you think they might enjoy reading it. Because some of the things that went on in my childhood might offend someone I do try to be careful not to reveal anything that might hurt someones feelings. Those who have passed on to glory I can share about and will. So, let me know if there is a particular time frame you might be interested in, and I will try to write about it.

1 comment:

Lee Anne Jarrett said...

I love this! The stories are so wonderful. Tell the story of Grandma Holis when she went after the boys with a butcher knife. My dad told me that story along time ago. It happend, i believe during breakfast. I forget how it went but it was really funny and again it was Jerry who got the brunt of grandmas rath. For some reason grandma singled Jerry out and punished him worse than the others. My dad told me another story about how he was fighting with a neihbor kid and my dad (Larry) said "my dad could beat your dad up", and the other kid said that his dad could beat my dad up. Anyway, my dad rarely saw his dad, (Larry senior) but one day he came home and my dad told him about the neihborhood kid and Larry senior went outside and settled the whole thing. My dad was so proud of his dad after that. I don't remember what happened or how grandpa settled it but i believe he had to whip some butt. I just know it was the first time that my dad felt like he had a father who loved and protected him.