Welcome to my blog

This is the story of my journey growing up in a family with all brothers who saw every raised platform as a stage. These guys kept me sane in the most difficult times in life. We had a bond that forms when children band together to make the best of a difficult situations. I loved them and they loved me. Together we pushed through the hardship and made it into adulthood, some more broken than others, but made it just the same with the help of God.

Monday, January 18, 2010

Up the cherry tree

We lived in my great grand mothers house on Clark Street. I guess it was about 1950 or 1951. Mama Sizemore, my great grand mother, had died but her retarded brother,Joe, lived in the house with us. As usual we lived with grandmother.( I don't know why we always said we lived with "grandmother" because my grandaddy was there too. I think grandmother had such a LARGE personality she just kind of took over. Poor grandaddy.)Anyway, it was grandmother, grandaddy, mama, sometimes daddy, Larry, Jerry, me and Bobby. We had a kitten but Bobby killed it. Of course he didn't mean too. He just carried it around all the time and it choked to death. Larry or Jerry use to say Bobby was going to kill the cat but no one listen to them... and the cat died. Poor kitty.
There were two Cherry trees in the from of the house. Bobby and I loved those trees! Uncle Joe( the retarded uncle ) use to chase us, so we would climb those trees to keep him from catching us. I don't remember him ever catching us but he always pinched our behinds because we were to little to climb very high. I loved Uncle Joe. He use to tie my shoes everyday. His death was my first experience with dying. I hid under the porch the day of the funeral. I did not want to see him laid out in the casket. I don't know what my grandmother was thinking making a 4 year old look at a dead body! To this day I still have a hard time looking at people after they are dead.

No comments: