Welcome to my blog

This is the story of my journey growing up in a family with all brothers who saw every raised platform as a stage. These guys kept me sane in the most difficult times in life. We had a bond that forms when children band together to make the best of a difficult situations. I loved them and they loved me. Together we pushed through the hardship and made it into adulthood, some more broken than others, but made it just the same with the help of God.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Boys

In the previous blog are pictures of 3 of my brothers. Larry, the oldest. He is very serious. Jerry, second oldest. Always seemed happy no matter what. Bobby, third brother 1 1/2 yrs younger than me.He always looked to Jerry for everything. Mom and Aunt Georgia Mae are in this top picture with me in the middle. We lived on Tubman Street when this was taken. It was here that I got a watch for Christmas and one of the boys got a football. I loved playing football with them. I did not want to break my new watch so I took it off and put it in my pocket.DUMB,Duh,Duh,DUMB! it broke. Jerry got a bb-gun and almost put Bobby's eye out. Mom had a fit and beat the tar out of Jerry. I think this was also the house where one of the older boys locked Bobby in an old trunk. After not being able to find him for a long time someone finally heard Bobby crying and let him out.The kid could have died, for pete sakes! I know God gave us guardian angels to protect us otherwise I don't think any of us would have made it to adulthood.
I was in the fourth grade when these pictures were taken. I do not have any sad memories of this house. However, when my brothers had to return to the orphanage after the Christmas holidays I was devasted. Mom was pregnant with Chris and it was decided I needed to stay home from St. Marys ( my orphanage) to help out with the baby. Larry would start high school the following year so he came home also. The loss of my brothers was terribly sad for me. I felt so guilty that I got to stay home and they didn't. It haunted me.
Like survivors remorse.

No comments: